27 Oct 2006

Good Documentary Link

I have to say that one of the PBS productions that I enjoy watching is Frontline. They have very concise, informative and detailed documentaries on just about any possible subject of public interest, from Herbal Medicines to the Kennedy Assassination.

You can freely download and watch them. I just watched "The Lost Year in Iraq" (aired Oct. 17), and I have to say that it sums up a lot of my feelings and impressions on Iraq and the US policy (or lack thereof) regarding Iraq.

I would like to point out that they mention just what kind of people they put in charge of the CPA in 2003. The documentary addresses that, but one sterling quote is: "I never in my life thought I would encounter 'frat brothers' and 'strategic planning' in the same sentence."

All in all, I would say that 2003 for everyone (myself included) was a wasted year. I thoroughly enjoyed relocating to a more independent and stable developing country the following year.

No comments: